Friday, July 15, 2016

A Day of Traveling

We have arrived!! After an incredibly LONG flight, I am thankful to say I am in South Africa! (The picture below shows us waiting patiently in Atlanta!)
I left home an noon Thursday and arrived in Port Elizabeth late Friday evening. Aside from the obvious long, crowded flights, everything went smoothly.  I learned to navigate various airports, and how to go though customs.(See below for a photo from the Johannesburg International Airport on my way to baggage claim - the colorful walkway was amazing! And our shuttle to the bed and breakfast was... FULL!) Best of all, I now have my first stamp in my passport!
Port Elizabeth is six hours ahead of my normal time, and it is winter time.  The days are shorter, and it reminds me of December. (Just no Christmas decorations!)
We are staying at a bed and breakfast two blocks from the Indian Ocean.We settled in for the night and set alarms for 6am!


No comments:

Post a Comment