Wednesday, July 13, 2016

7-13 Packing and Re-packing

     I've been trying to pack my suitcases for the past week and a half.  I've added jackets, removed shoes, and tried to fit in a travel sized Scrabble game.  Packing hasn't been as easy as I initially thought.
   For us it is summer... which is winter in South Africa.  My first thought was to pack warm socks and soft sweaters so I didn't freeze.  But I've learned that the daytime temperatures are mild, around 65 degrees. (Thank goodness!)  It still gets quite cold at night, but it turns out that I probably won't need my parka after all.  Half of the things I'm bringing are meant to be gifts and much needed school supplies for my students abroad, which means I'll have that much room to bring back wooden giraffes and African drums.  :)

One more day until take off...

No comments:

Post a Comment